- Owner, RE/Max Metro Plus, 2010-Current
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, 2009-Current
- Licensed REALTOR, 2004-
- Real Estate Office Assistant, 2002-2004
- Bachelor of Marketing, University of Dayton (Go Flyers!)
GROUPS AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- President, Mid-Town Area Real Estate Association (M.A.R.E.A.), 2011
- Member, (National Association of Realtors) NAR, 2004-Current
- Member, (M.A.R.E.A), 2005-current
- Member, Clintonville Realtors Association (N.A.R.E.A.), 2009-2011
- Member, Bexley, Eastmoor, Berwick (BEB) Realtors Association, 2009-2011
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Million Dollar Club, Columbus Board of Realtors, 2010
- Ohio Association of Realtors, President’s Sales Award, 2008
12 REASONS KATIE SHEPARD SHOULD BE YOUR COLUMBUS OHIO REALTOR!
My name is Katie Shepard, and as your realtor, there are twelve things I promise to do for you.
1. I will tell you the truth.
I promise to provide you with honest, accurate, data-backed information and sound advice to ensure the most successful outcome possible.
2. It’s easy to communicate with me.
I love my Blackberry (my husband hates it). I answer emails, phone calls, texts, Facebook messages, you name it. I tend to love email, but will work with you on setting up the method and frequency of communication that works best with your lifestyle.
3. This is my career, not a part-time job— there is a difference.
I’m building a business, not a closet (though my husband might say I’m building both!). It’s my responsibility to be “in the know” and an expert on real estate in the Columbus market. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll look it up, not make it up. I don’t view real estate as a sales career, but a chance to educate my clients so they can make an informed decision on their investment.
4. I’m a Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE).
What could be more important than a real estate agent that knows how to negotiate the best deal for you? Only 12% of Realtors nationally earn this certification. Ask to see my sales statistics, you’ll be impressed!
5. I will NOT spend your money for you.
No up-selling, property pushing, or financial pressure. Instead, I will provide you with accurate and informed guidance on what works best for you, your goals, and your money. After all, this is your investment. You decide.
6. I like people.
Real estate is a people business and a team sport. Many players (such as lenders, appraisers, contractors, etc) work together with agents and clients to successfully bring a transaction to close. I take relationship-building seriously, because it’s in the best interest of my clients.
7. I will not stick a sign in your yard and disappear.
I provide a comprehensive approach to selling real estate that involves much more than a sticking a sign in your yard, starting a custom website for your home, and…oh…about the disappearing part? Refer to reason #2.
8. I do not practice Dual Agency.
If you’re not familiar with this term it means I will represent you, my client, and only my client in a transaction. I will not write an offer for the buyer of your home and then try to negotiate the best deal for THEM. I will still show your home but I will refer the buyer to another agent, so you have separate representation. In my opinion, dual agency is unethical.
9. I believe in providing VALUE to my clients.
Nobody likes to be in the dark. And, let’s face it, understanding the “ins and outs” of real estate can be confusing. As a client, I’ll educate you on the property you are buying or selling, and how to get the most value out of your investment. I’m in this business for the right reasons. My promise to be accountable, and provide value-added services to clients is an absolute priority. Every home I sell, I hope to sell again in 5, 10, or 25 years.
10. I think outside the box.
I always get the job done. At times, this means getting creative. Whether it’s listing a unique home that needs a distinct buyer, finding your dream home, or overcoming a financing issue; I’ll build a strategy that gets us to the closing table.
11. I’ve got connections. And I know how to use them.
I have great working relationships with an arsenal of lenders, inspectors, contractors, and title companies. As your Realtor, I’m in a position to refer the best possible person for YOUR situation.
12. I’m ethical.
I can’t help it. I have a conscience. I will always do what is in the best interest of my client. That includes telling you when to walk away from a deal.