Katie can help you find Harrison West real estate, Harrison West homes for sale and information about the Harrison West real estate market.
You can also use our Columbus Ohio MLS search to find Harrison West real estate.
You’ll love Harrison West real estate, a historic, urban neighborhood located north and near west of downtown Columbus, Ohio. The neighborhood character is similar to the Victorian Village just to the east.
Developed from the Neil Farm in the early 20th century, Harrison West is characterized by Victorian and Edwardian-style homes, although the housing stock is generally more modest than the grand homes found in Victorian Village proper. Frame houses are more common than brick.
Life in the neighborhood centers on commercial properties along 3rd Avenue, which roughly bisects the neighborhood. Included in the development is a clubhouse that serves as the new home for the Carpe Diem String Quartet’s performances.
A neighborhood association founded in 1976, like others in Columbus, advocates for city services and community projects. Current projects include water quality issues in the Olentangy River and maintenance of the Olentangy bike trail and the neighborhood parks, including a new river Park. Just a few reasons why you’ll love Harrison West real estate!
Be sure to visit our Columbus Ohio MLS search.
- Harrison West is in the Columbus City Schools system
- Columbus City Schools is largest school district in the state of Ohio
- There are a total of 118 active schools in the district
- Received a “C” rating for the 2011-2012 Ohio Schools Report Card, meaning that it is continuously improving
- Graduation rate is higher than the national average